Tuesday 5 June 2018

Shiisaa yaibiimi?

Going through my photos, I realized I'd really taken an awful lot of pics of the different shisa statues in Okinawa. Shisa are a variation of the guardian lion statues of China. They're usually in pairs, flanking the gates to houses (or on rooftops), with the left shisa having a closed mouth, the right one an open mouth. Everybody has these in Okinawa. Just about everybody.






This one... is fighting a losing battle.










And this (no offense) looks like it was made by me. >_>

These two were at the Ryukuan village at the Ocean expo Park.





At the Imperial Palace in Nara.



A family of three?

A few pictures from the Tsuboya pottery museum in Nara.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Shiisaa yaibiimi?

Going through my photos, I realized I'd really taken an awful lot of pics of the different shisa statues in Okinawa. Shisa are a variati...