Wednesday 1 November 2017

I have been meaning to write here several times during last weeks, but somehow it never happened. And to be honest, right now I don't feel like writing any long posts either... so I thought that I'll just post some photos here for now.

Last Friday was a beautiful day and I ended up climbing on Mt. Daimonji, somewhat on ex-tempore... This is one of the mountains around Kyoto on which they lit giant bonfires at the end of the Obon festival. Each fire has a distinctive shape, this one 大, "large".


I must admit I was a bit (a lot) out of breath, when I finally reached the, well, not top, but my goal the giant kanji, anyway.

On a clear day you could see Osaka somewhere there...

There you can see a bit of a "leg" of the 大

And then back down again... which was definitely easier than going up, though.



 See?! A fossilized dragon head!


I just love the fact that there are forests so  near of a great city like this. <3


This pic's from... Saturday, I think. The weather turned again quite rainy, as now a tropical storm passed by (honestly, why do these storms always arrive during a weekend?) The river was still quite full  after the typhoon Lan that passed a week ago.


And yet one river pic from today. The weather's beautiful again, but although the day temperature's might get near 20C, the air is definitely getting chillier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shiisaa yaibiimi?

Going through my photos, I realized I'd really taken an awful lot of pics of the different shisa statues in Okinawa. Shisa are a variati...